Monday, June 14, 2010

I never thought I would be a blogger, but with God all things are possible I suppose. I have certainly been experiencing his power the past months as I've been preparing for this trip. With all the preparation I have almost forgotten that I'm actually going to be in Japan for 6 weeks this summer...I guess I got too caught up in the planning to remember that little detail. But praise God, I and my team of 10 will be flying to Tokyo June 25th after three days of briefing at Vanguard University in Costa Mesa. (To all of you who I told we left the 28th, I'm sorry. Despite all my apparent planning I was very confused as to our date of departure. Don't worry, however, my mother straightened me all out, I will be at the airport on the right day)

I just finished spring quarter of my sophomore year at UCLA and came home on thursday. Even though dorm rooms are about the size of a sardine can, it baffles me as to how much stuff I could fit in mine, even when shared with two other sardines...students. That being said my week and a half before Tokyo is being spent organizing my room before packing some of it up again. I think my family especially is thankful for this time for me to clean.

If you've made it this far in my first blog entry ever, congratulations and thank you. I appreciate the support of you, my friends and family, so very much. Thank you for your prayers and continued encouragement. I'm getting really excited to finally go to Tokyo and live out what God has called me to do, but at the same time am very nervous to see what exactly he has in store for me. I hoping this blog will allow me to share all those adventures with you.

His Servant,
Quinn

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you bcaf buddy! I hope you have a great summer and that God uses you in great ways! Side note -- as an OFFICIAL English major the pressure to use correct grammar must be outrageous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY yay YAY yay YAY :) i can't wait to hear your stories and praise the Lord with you about what He is doing in Tokyo and the world!! yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I admit. Im just now looking at this. but given that you haven't even left the country yet I figure I'm still ahead of things. Since you're an official english major, shouldn't it be "my team of 10 and I" ? Don't worry, Ill read the rest of the posts and write better comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. elfie thank you for all your posts. you're a true friend. :) And yes, I think you're probably right. I'm a failure of an English major.

    ReplyDelete