Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sweet Memories

A month back in the States and it sometimes feels like Japan never happened...it floats like a hazy pleasant dream in the back of my mind. Eating with hashi or when an "arigato" or "daijoubu" slips out of my mouth will bring momentary flashbacks, but otherwise life seems to carry on unawares.

But it did happen and I'm not who I was before I left for Japan. For that I'm truly grateful. And I'm also incredibly grateful for all the people God brought into my life this past year. Here are a few moments with the people who now have a deep, special place in my heart. Memories with them live on even as I reacclimate to life in America.




Riding Gondolas in Hakone on our debrief

My quiet spot at the ryokan in Hakone


With the Paos, a staff family in Tokyo

Tokyo staff team + Stinters





Two of my favorite Tap Lovers friends

With Totoro at the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka

Kaiten sushi with Shiori

Our final lunch time at Rikkyo University

With my good friend Yurika

Roomies

Our final team bowling outing

Natusko from Tap Lovers

With Kazuko and Chihiro at the student center

Staff kids :)


Kanako at Aoyama University

Rocking our matching Pineapple Baby shirts!

Taku seeing us off on our last day in Tokyo
 
On our way at Narita

Home sweet home, and minions.

No comments:

Post a Comment