Saturday, September 29, 2012

Blending in

One part of STInt is learning a new culture. We are visitors, outsiders coming in, so it is our job to respect cultural norms and embrace them wholeheartedly! It's both exciting and stressful to learn the idiosyncrasies of another culture. I do have a bit of a head start in Japan because I'm naturally on the quieter side and generally pretty aware of my surroundings. This gives me a little more grace because language is still a huge brick wall in my face (hey, that rhymed!)

Anyways, all that to say my team and I are slowly getting the hang of this Japan thing and finding our place in Japanese society, even to the point of blending in quite literally with our surroundings...




All pictures were taken by my teammate Christine who loves polka dots, Totoro, pens, and things that match. You can check out her blog at http://christineharada.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment