Monday, September 16, 2013

Simple Servant

I read back through a short work by Andrew Murray called Jesus Himself during my quiet time yesterday. One of the passages was like a script from my heart- Andrew was taking the words right out of my mouth, albeit with a much more elevated diction than I would ever use  :)

Here they are, and may God have grace on me to have this be true in my life.

From Jesus Himself:

"When I think of all the struggles and difficulties and failures of which many complain, and know that many are trying to make a new effort to begin a holy life, their heats fearing all the time that they would fail again, owing to so many difficulties and temptations and the natural weakness of their character, my heart longs to be able to tell them in words so simple that a little child could understand, what the secret is of the Christian life.

And then the thought comes to me, Can I venture to hope that it will be given to me to take that glorious, heavenly, divine Lord Jesus and to show Him to these souls, so that they can see Him in His glory? And can it be given to me to open their eyes to see that there is a Divine, Almighty Christ, who does actually come into the heart and who faithfully promises, "I will come and dwell with you, and I will never leave you?" No; my words cannot do that. But then I thought, my Lord Jesus can use me as a simple servant to take such feeble ones by the hand and encourage and help them; to say, Oh, come, come, come, into the presence of Jesus and wait on Him, and He will reveal Himself to thee. I pray God that He may use His precious Word. It is simply the presence of the Lord Jesus. That is the secret of the Christian's strength and joy."


I pray the Lord Jesus would use us as simple servants to come alongside the feeble, wandering, fearful in the world and take them by the hand and lead them to the Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment