Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tapping My Heart Out

This year I had the absolute privilege of performing in Tap Lovers' largest production of the year, the 6th annual Teiki Koen, themed "Yume" or "Dream". Even though I only performed in three dances, it amounted to hundreds of hours of practice and rehearsals. The students worked so hard and poured blood, sweat (A LOT of sweat) and tears into the show. It was an honor to practice alongside them and see the show come together.



While physically draining throughout the month of December, I found so much joy in the process. I am continually blown away that the Lord provided this opportunity for me to dance. Tapping has always been so fun for me. And seeing my friends getting to show off their skills and knowing how hard they have worked makes me feel like a proud parent. They are SO gifted, I wish everyone had the chance to see them perform!

For the third year students it was particularly special because it was their last performance with Tap Lovers. They have started the job hunting process which is so demanding it requires them to step down from other activities. It was such a fun, chaotic evening and also emotional as the final curtain dropped and we all turned to them realizing it was the end. Seeing tears in their eyes really hit me hard. This circle means so much to them. Sharing in that moment was something I'll cherish a long time. I only hope that one day they will find their true identity in Christ, not just their identity as a dancer.

Enjoy a few shots from this highlight in my tap career!












 
Otsukaresamedeshita!


1 comment: