Saturday, January 25, 2014

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

 
"To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:11-12
 
Lately the team's been feeling underwhelmed by our relationship with God. It's been a constant battle to step onto campus and trust him to use us. Believing he can work through us to be a blessing to others when we ourselves are failing to experience that complete blessing is next to impossible. We've been surviving on a reserve of faith but are quickly running out of even the reserves. It's a crisis to say the least.
 
Thankfully God is ever faithful, no surprise there of course!
 
This past week he gave me this prayer from Paul's letter to the church in Thessalonica. I have since claimed it as a prayer for myself and for my team.
 
I pray God would continue to sanctify us and make us worthy of his calling for our lives. And I humbly pray that he would take every little and seemingly insignificant step of faith we take and multiply it for his glory. However small and weak our efforts are, I pray he will redeem them with his power and grace and use them for the purposes of his kingdom work.
 
I ask for this because I along with Paul want the name of my Lord Jesus Christ to be glorified in me, and I in him. I know I can't ask this in my own merit or because I deserve to be so received. Rather I ask in accordance to the riches of God's grace shown to me in Christ Jesus.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment