Monday, February 17, 2014

Surely God is my Salvation


I've recently returned to studying the book of Isaiah. As my very favorite book in the Bible, it's like coming back to an old friend. Being the word nerd that I am, I love the poetry of Isaiah and just the beauty it communicates of God's character.

This passage was particularly poetic and nourishing to me a couple days ago so I wanted to pass it on as an encouragement.


Surely God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid.
the Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
And you will say in that day:
"Give thanks to the Lord,
call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted."
Sing to the Lord,
for he has done glorious things;
let this be known to all the world.
 
Isaiah 12:2-5

No comments:

Post a Comment