Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thailand Round 2- Photo Journal


It was so great being back in Thailand! I think it's one of those places I probably never would have thought to go on my own, but I'm really glad I've had the chance to visit and explore it. This time around my team spent one week of vacation with several other teams from the same region in the states. It was a blast catching up with some fellow Bruins and friends I had made from previous conferences and trainings. We spent our days exploring different beaches on the island of Ko Lanta and consuming copious amounts of fruit smoothies, gelato, and pad thai. Add on glorious sunsets over the ocean and scooters and you have a pretty awesome vacation experience.

Midyear was also a lot of fun. We were in a different location this year, in the city of Chiang Mai, so it had a very different feel from last year. I missed being right by the ocean, but getting my fill of real Mexican and Italian food made it totally worth it. On top of the meetings there were lots of sweet conversations over Thai iced coffee (amazing), games of farkle and dutch blitz, some pick-up soccer, and lounging by the pool.

Hanging out outside the Chiang Mai airport overnight (10 hour layovers are the best!)

Finally in paradise

Ko Lanta



Grabbing gelato with the other leaders

My ladies <3

Sunset chasers

View from my bungalow in Ko Lanta

Scooter gang

Getting Japanese food in Chiang Mai

Umbrella-making, a traditional Chiang Mai craft

We love Chiang Mai!

Orchid farm



An elephant painting a picture of an elephant

Elephant ride with Amy!

Shaking trunks with an elephant, no big deal.

View of the elephant hangout and river

Coasting down river on a bamboo raft

So serene

Roomies

Twinsies! Our night market purchase

Elephant pant triplets

"Dressed up" for our final dinner in Chiang Mai

The soccer gang, hot and sweaty

1 comment: