Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home Tour

Happy Sunday! I just got back from church/ramen at Ichiban in Shibuya. It started to rain reallllly hard and of course I didn't have my umbrella. But thankfully I did happen to have my sunglasses in case a floodlight or something was blinding me! It's always nice to be well prepared.

Anyways, I finally uploaded my own pictures from my camera so I wanted to share some photos with you all. I figured you would appreciate some rest from my rambling and enjoy actually seeing what I see each day here. So, enjoy!

First, a tour of my humble abode. Like all good Japanese, we take our shoes off before entering the house:




Next is our lovely shower room. It took us about a week and a half to figure out how to get hot water. Even though we know now, I still usually take cold showers just because I'm normally so hot.





This is our wonderful washing machine. When on it sounds like a gurgling monster and on the spin cycle it shakes back and forth like it is possessed by a demon or something. But it's very handy and gets things clean so I can't complain.



This is our pride and joy, the toilet/sink combo. Japanese people are very conscientious about wastefulness so this is very common here. The water goes to the sink first, in case you were a little grossed out.



Here is a view of our lovely kitchen/dining/socializing room. Our apartment is the official hangout apartment of the team so everyone's stuff is everywhere.



The apartment has two bedrooms, one traditional tatami room and a western bedroom. Here is the tatami room with the futon mattresses out.



Here's a view from the kitchen of the two bedrooms. I sleep in the one through the sliding doors on the left side.



This is my closet! I'm living half off of this clothing rack and half out of my suitcase so at least it is semi-settled.




Anyways, there's a tour of my home! I'll put up some Tokyo street pictures next time. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment