Friday, August 10, 2012

100%

This morning I woke up to two e-mails from Cru giving saying I had received a combined $125 in monthly support overnight. I needed $126 monthly to be finished with support. It's been so interesting to see how detailed God is, he really does pay attention down to the dollars and cents. Once I prayed for $200 to come in overnight and woke up to $203.33. Today it was just a dollar short, perhaps as a reminder that he knows what I need and is fully capable of meeting it, I just have to trust that he can and will.

The remaining dollar of monthly support was quickly covered by the extra one-time gifts I had. With those $12 transferred over I was at the magical percentage- 100.

The feeling of being complete with support is hard to explain. I almost feel like one of the gold medal athletes who cannot say anything but "it's incredible, it's a dream." After several months of this process, to be at the end and be able to look back and see it unfold is truly incredible. At the beginning I had a lot of doubts. I knew it was possible with God's provision, but I would have been lying if I had really believed raising so much in such a short time was possible. Yet here I am!

This last $126 was a very specific answer to prayer as well. I'm flying to the Bay Area for the weekend to visit some college friends one last time before I leave. And then I will be heading to Chicago for STINT briefing with my team and all the other STINT teams being sent out. My extension deadline was the 12th so I was praying to finish before I left for the Bay so I could just enjoy being with my friends. The Lord heard me and knew my limits as far as handling deadlines and stress and he was gracious yet again. I am so blessed.

Anyways, I just wanted to celebrate this with you. 100%. Amazing!


The numbers:

57 appointments
203 phone calls
520+ e-mails, texts and facebook messages

92 financial supporters; 36 of whom I met at UCLA
and countless prayer supporters

= 100% of my support goal!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's great. What a confirmation from God that this is work that He's called you to do!

    ReplyDelete