Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Naperville, Illinois- STINT Briefing 2012

Jet-setter Quinn is back at home after a rather hectic week and a half! I spent a lovely, albeit brief, weekend in the Bay Area with some of my favorite people.

With a turnaround of about twelve hours, I flew home Sunday night and was off again Monday morning for Chicago. Technically the briefing was in a lovely place called Naperville, but we did make it into the Windy City for a little touring one day of briefing.

The girls in front of the Chicago Bean

The week consisted mostly of large group talks and smaller breakout seminars and team times. A really awesome band called Page CXVI led worship- I had never heard of them before but they are all about making hymns relevant again in worship. I was blessed by them.

Almost 400 STINTers were gathered for the week; students from across the States and going literally around the world. It was so cool to see such a diverse group of people and to know how diverse our experiences would be even as we go out with the same goal, to bring glory to our God. I met some new friends and am excited to see how the Lord uses all these brothers and sisters to further his kingdom.

With Brittany and Megan, both going to El Salvador, reppin' UCLA
With Daniel, from Cal Poly SLO

One of the highlights of the week was finally getting to meet my whole team in person. I roomed with three of the girls so we had some good bonding time, and we also had quite a few team times when we could talk about what ministry in Japan is going to look like. I knew three people coming in, but it was awesome to be able to put real faces and personalities to the talking heads I had seen online thus far.

Speaking of my team, we had some really bad news on Saturday. One of the girls on my team is no longer going to be coming to Japan. It was a huge shock for us and definitely put a damper on the week. Please keep her in your prayers as she tries to trust the Lord in this hard turn of events.

Tokyo guys at the commissioning

Tokyo Ladies at commissioning

No comments:

Post a Comment